Re: Debian 5.0 On Dell Latitude CP 233MT

Hi,

debian@cercy.net wrote:
How much memory do you have on the old Dell?  Does everything run
fine after
the startup slowness?
I have 128MB of RAM. The boot "pause" up is the only issue. I ran 3.0
for a long time on it, then 4.0 and I really think 5.0 (once booted)
runs a little bit faster than 4.0 (all fresh installs not upgrades).

Okay, well I run my P233 box as a headless one, I've now upgraded it to Lenny (also with 128MB RAM) and an old 5GB laptop drive.

I found the upgrade too a great deal of time, but it works. However, when I do a simple vim of a file, it takes quite a while before it opens, but it does open.

The real test will be passing ssh tunnel traffic through it when I need to at some stage on the road from my trusted IPs.

Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan
Broadband Solutions now including VoIP