Lenny with Kernel 2.6.18?

Dear Lazyweb ;)

I have a box running Etch with several Acceleport XP serial cards
inside. It appears that Digi will not be supporting this hardware with
a Kernel 2.6.26 compatible driver. Digi support claims that "The tty
layer is broke in the 2.6.26 kernels". They support older kernels and
promise to have a 2.6.27 compatible driver in the near future.

Any suggestions as to how to handle this? Should I upgrade to Lenny but
keep the old Etch 2.6.18 kernel? If so, how can I keep up with security
patches?

Regards,
--
Bill Thompson