Re: No soft-links for scp?

> I thought that had been answered already [1].

This is a continuation of that conversation. At that time, I was only
able to test cp's behaviour locally because I was not actually on the
network. The cp command behaved as I wanted for making trees of other
local directories, but now that I'm on the network I see that I cannot
use it on remote filesystems.

> Alternatively, create the symlinked copy while the remote fs is mounted.
> When the remote system is up you could use it fully, when not just use
> the symlinked copy.

I am not 'mounting' the remote file system, I am accessing it via SSH.
KDE's terrific Konqueror file manager lets one browse a remote
filesystem via SSH just as if it were local.

Dotan Cohen