Re: Lenny bricked {effectively} ps3 on dist-upgrade from etch.

El mié, 25-02-2009 a las 23:47 -0600, Greg.Chandler@wellsfargo.com
escribió:
> So.... I was running etch, needed to upgrade to use the ppu-gcc package
> I had, and upon reboot after an:
> apt-get dist-upgrade, the machine will boot, but nothing works.
>
> As far as I can tell it says something about udev failing due to kernel
> version issues. USB and network no longer work so I have no way to get
> serial, keyboard, or ssh access to the machine.
>
> Does anyone know of a way {or support in the kernel} to force a device
> so I can log in and fix it?
> I would really prefer not to have to re-install.

I am not an expert, but  if you can log in, then you could configure the
network by hand and install a newer kernel! If it were not possible,
then you could use the installation disk as rescue.