Re: Protecting files in linux

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 05:20, Jorge Delgado <jdl.list.linux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i would like to protect files like passwords and websites of Firefox
> (iceweasel), and this cannot be done encripting the files.
>
> So, i need some program for protect the files and, at the same time be
> using them. If i encript the files, i cannot use them at the same time.
> And if I cannot use them at the same time, it's meaningless.
>
> Somebody could help me? Thank you very much, I appreciatte your help.

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but in Firefox
preferences, go to the security tab and there is a check box
"use master password". If you turn this on, when you start a fresh
session in FF, the first time you go to a website that FF has a
saved PW for, it will ask for the master password to decrypt the
saved PW file. Once you enter the master PW once, all user
names and passwords will be filled in automatically, until you
close FF.

Apologies if you are after something completely different .

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers