Re: Please brainstorm: Word-processor compatible with version control

Flashbake: Free version-control for writers using git
Posted by Cory Doctorow, February 13, 2009 6:39 AM | permalink
For the past couple weeks, I've been working with Thomas "cmdln" Gideon (host of the fabulously nerdy Command Line podcast) on a free software project for writers called "Flashbake" (which is to say, I described what I wanted and Thomas wrote the code). This is a set of Python scripts that check your hot files for changes every 15 minutes, and checks in any changed files to a local git repository. Git is a free "source control" program used by programmers to track changes to source-code, but it works equally well on any text file. If you write in a text-editor like I do, then Flashbake can keep track of your changes for you as you go.

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/02/13/flashbake-free-versi.html