Re: Fedora guy byebyes Debian

Hi,

While bug reports are best sent using reportbug(1), reporting problems
to the list can sometimes help as well.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 09:22:08AM -0400, Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo wrote:
> Well, a fun time (one week), sweating it up to make my ATI and Wifi work
> in Lenny AMD64 but nothing. With old fedora wifi works from the live cd
> and ATI with the update.

What's the output of lspci on that box?

> I find hard fedora reporting a segfault, like
> lenny gave yestarday on networks-admin gui.

What specific tool is it? What were you trying to do? Is this issue
reproducable?

> Why the battery indicator suddenly dissapeared, being the panel thingy
> active?

Sorry, but I have failed to parse that.

> Why it takes so long to boot -sometimes-?

bootchart(1) can answer the question "what the @#$@# does the system do
at boot time".

Apart from this generic answer: please provide more information. When is
"sometimes"?