Re: Fedora guy byebyes Debian

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo <rodolfo.alcazar@padep.org.bo> wrote:
Well, a fun time (one week), sweating it up to make my ATI and Wifi work
in Lenny AMD64 but nothing. With old fedora wifi works from the live cd
and ATI with the update. No need even to try it with my dell or my
Aspireone. So byebye Debian.

I found on lenny many of the bugs and troubles found in Fedora 8 and 9,
which all today are old history. Why losing time? Cant' understand.
Lenny is a nice white-haired rookie (altough older than fedora), apt is
nice, directory structures and config files are better than fedora, but
I hardly find Debian a stable distro. Pulling her to further limits
causes a quick breakage. I find hard fedora reporting a segfault, like
lenny gave yestarday on networks-admin gui. Why the battery indicator
suddenly dissapeared, being the panel thingy active? Why it takes so
long to boot -sometimes-?

Farewell, debian. Thanks everybody.
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar@padep.org.bo
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962