Re: Skype

Celejar wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:59:20 -0600
> Wu-Kung Sun <sunwukung@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just this weekend I started looking at skype.  I read conflicting web
>> pages about whether or not skype for linux has voicemail.  Can anyone
>> tell me?  Also is there any other software which allows pc-to-phone
>> and phone-to-pc connections?
>
> Ekiga (formerly gnome-meeting).

I am seriously thinking of shifting from Skype to Ekiga. Does the latter
support encryption?

Also, I see that we have these version in Debian
$> rmadison ekiga
     ekiga |    2.0.3-6 |     etch-m68k | source, m68k
     ekiga |    2.0.3-6 |     oldstable | source, alpha, amd64, arm,
hppa, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
     ekiga | 2.0.12-1+nmu1 |        stable | source, alpha, amd64, arm,
armel, hppa, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
     ekiga | 2.0.12-1+nmu1 |       testing | source, alpha, amd64,
armel, hppa, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
     ekiga | 2.0.12-1+nmu1 |      unstable | source, alpha, amd64, arm,
armel, hppa, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
     ekiga |    3.0.1-1 |  experimental | source, alpha, amd64, armel,
hppa, i386, ia64, s390, sparc

ever having been read.