Re: Skype

Hi,

Lisi Reisz wrote:
Has anyone used this software on Lenny?  Etch? Sid?

http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/

If you have, may I have some comments?  Good, bad or indifferent.

Skype is proprietory, it is also a risk for your Internet connection if it is run with high enough privilege....

See here:
http://www.affinityvision.com.au/voip-notes-detailed.html#skype

NB: I don't know how applicable the article is today or whether it is actually an issue in the Linux world, but it is proprietory, so how would you know one way or the other? Quite simply, in a nutshell, Skype is a risk, full stop.

Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan
Broadband Solutions now including VoIP