Re: lvm2 and e2fsck

On 02/24/2009 03:34 PM, Matthew Moore wrote:
On Tuesday 24 February 2009 11:49:26 am Ron Johnson wrote:
Though, are there any commands which would indicate whether my LV or
VGs are screwed up?  (Fixing them might allow me to get my data back.)

Do you think that your volume descriptors got hosed? The main LVM diagnostic commands are:

pvs, pvscan, lvscan, pvscan, pvdisplay, lvdisplay, vgdisplay

This looks reasonable.

# lvdisplay
    Logging initialised at Tue Feb 24 15:42:45 2009
    Set umask to 0077
lvdisplay    Finding all logical volumes
lvdisplay  --- Logical volume ---
lvdisplay  LV Name                /dev/main_huge_vg/main_huge_lv
lvdisplay  VG Name                main_huge_vg
lvdisplay  LV UUID                Pgrlks-mtmc-GuYh-kvPU-Mr78-w9b6-uykW8A
lvdisplay  LV Write Access        read/write
lvdisplay  LV Status              available
lvdisplay  # open                 0
lvdisplay  LV Size                2.69 TB
lvdisplay  Current LE             22023
lvdisplay  Segments               9
lvdisplay  Allocation             inherit
lvdisplay  Read ahead sectors     auto
lvdisplay  - currently set to     256
lvdisplay  Block device           254:0
lvdisplay
lvdisplay    Wiping internal VG cache

When you remake your LVM, you may want to use vgcfgbackup to save your volume descriptors...

Remake it?  From scratch?

I re-read your original post. Are you saying that your problem is that you don't have a /sbin/fsck.ext4? It looks like this is packaged in e2fsprogs 1.41.3-1 (in lenny). Am I misunderstanding your problem?

No, I definitely have /sbin/fsck.ext4.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

The feeling of disgust at seeing a human female in a Relationship
with a chimp male is Homininphobia, and you should be ashamed of
yourself.