LyX and latex with mixed language documents (bidi) [WAS] Re: Java in Debian 5

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:24:38 +0000
Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 09:07:29AM -0500, Celejar wrote:

> > Proper bidi support is indeed a sin qua non for me, which is why I'm
> > reluctantly giving up LyX for my mixed language documents, even though
> > I really like the LyX paradigm.

> Actually I started using LyX because at the time it had the best bidi
> support (added at around 1.1.5)
>
> Both bugs are basically to do with LaTeX rather than LyX, I believe.

516017 seems to definitely be a LyX problem; LyX is writing bad latex.
I'm no LyX or latex guru, but it seems pretty clear that LyX has no
business using an undefined text color.  OTOH, I found a pretty simple
workaround; adding this line of Evil Red Text to the beginning of the
document seems to work, at least in the few cases I've tried it:

\definecolor{foreground}{gray}{0}>

516020 is a real deal-breaker, though.  I can't use LyX if I can't get
hyperrefs working.  Do you have any advice for me?

Celejar