Re: Skype

Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Has anyone used this software on Lenny?  Etch? Sid?
>
> http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/
>
> If you have, may I have some comments?  Good, bad or indifferent.
>
> TIA
> Lisi

Yes, I have been using Skype with Debian Testing and Sid for the last
some years. Works perfectly. I have tried both, the deb as well as the
static binary. Both work wonderfully (though I have keep the path in
mind in the static case).

The only quirk you may face is the how get audio working. The solution
is straightforward: just select the right device for mic, phones and
system alerts from Options->Preferences->Sound devices and all will
work. Just make sure you do not let skype use "pulse" if you are using
PulseAudio, I could not make it work with PA.

I have also recently used Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 webcam with skype.
Works wonderfully, just plug and play.

Regards.

ever having been read.