Re: Skype

Lisi Reisz a écrit :
> Has anyone used this software on Lenny?  Etch? Sid?
>
> http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/
>
> If you have, may I have some comments?  Good, bad or indifferent.
>
> TIA
> Lisi

Hi,

I am using it on Squeeze (not proudly, but it's hard to do without...)
with the "static" version, it works OK for me (video too), I just
installed the alsa-oss compatibility package otherwise my webcam's mic
wouldn't work.

Before I managed to get it to work with the package from skype, I used
to grab the Ubuntu medibuntu packages "skype-static" and "skype-commmon"
from http://packages.medibuntu.org/ . They have a amd64 version and I'd
rather use their signed package than some unknown private repository one
(unless you know the packager of course, I mean no offense).

Tom