Re: [OT] Bloatware and how to make Programs smaller

On Saturday 21 February 2009 20:25:46 Michelle Konzack wrote:
> OK, we have the night from Saturday to Sunday and for those peoples  who
> are not hanging arround in Discotheks, but being alone at  home  I  have
> something to read for you:
>
>     <http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/software/tiny/teensy.html>
>
> Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening

  Awesome.  Reminds me of my hobbyist/hacker days.

  And as long as we're already OT:
  It also reminds me of a great book I read years ago,
"Windows Assembly Language and Systems Programming",
by Barry Kauler, which shows, along similar lines to
the article you referenced, how to build a 32-bit
executable for Windows 95 "by hand" -- they're a
good deal larger than ELFs, of course, since on that
platform, the window handles and GUI event callbacks
are mandatory.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net