Re: aptitude error message

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 09:13, Rick Pasotto <rick@niof.net> wrote:
> For quite some time now I've been seeing the following lines when I
> upgrade packages:
>
> database /var/lib/apt/listchanges.db failed to load.
> Exception bsddb.db.DBRunRecoveryError: DBRunRecoveryError(-30975,
> 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery -- PANIC: fatal
> region error detected; run recovery') in  ignored
>
> It doesn't seem to affect anything, but evidently something isn't quite
> right. Can I do something to fix it or is it a program bug?

It looks like the Berkley Database file apt-listchanges uses is corrupt
in some way. You could move the file  (/var/lib/apt/listchanges.db)
aside and let apt-listchanges regenerate it, and see if that fixes it.

I think there are things you could do to try to recover it, but for something
like apt-listchanges, it isn't really worth it.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers