aptitude error message

For quite some time now I've been seeing the following lines when I
upgrade packages:

database /var/lib/apt/listchanges.db failed to load.
Exception bsddb.db.DBRunRecoveryError: DBRunRecoveryError(-30975,
'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery -- PANIC: fatal
region error detected; run recovery') in  ignored

It doesn't seem to affect anything, but evidently something isn't quite
right. Can I do something to fix it or is it a program bug?

--
"The man who does things makes many mistakes, but he never makes the
 biggest mistake of all - doing nothing." -- Benjamin Franklin