Re: KDE 4

M. Lewis a écrit :

> Following the instructions at
> http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/experimental.html
>
> Is it a problem that aptitude wants to uninstall kde (as well as LOTS of
> other s/w)?
>
> TIA,
> Mike
>

> moe:~# aptitude -t experimental install kde4-minimal
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done

[snip]

> Remove the following packages:
> kde
> kdeaddons
> kdenetwork
> kicker
> kicker-applets
> knewsticker
> kpersonalizer
> lilo-config

Hi,

I installed kde4 from experimental on a testing system not long ago, and
in my experience full kde3 and full kde4 can't live peacefully together
on the same system... So what's not upgradeable from kde3 is removed.
kde being a vitual package, if only one of the real packages it depends
on is removed the virtual package has to be removed altogether. Nothing
to be alarmed of if what you want is kde4.

Tom