Re: Kernel AMD 64

On 02/20/2009 06:01 PM, Alejandro Rodriguez Luna wrote:

Hi, i just installed a new server runnign Debian, my server has a

32-bit, presumably?

AMD 64 X2 processor, i'd like to know which one is the best kernel
> for this processor.
by the way, it has 2GB ram.

linux-image-2.6-686 OR linux-image-2.6-amd6

I think you can install both. Do so, and if there happen to be issues with linux-image-2.6-amd64, then reboot with linux-image-2.6-686.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Feelings of disgust at seeing a human female in a Relationship
with a chimp male is Homininphobia, and you should be ashamed
of yourself.