Re: tools to get a mirror of modem/router configuration

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 02:32:19PM -0500, H.S. wrote:
> H.S. wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I vaguely recall that we can somehow "copy" or mirror the configuration
> > interface (accessible via a browser) of a modem or a router to a local
> > hard disk. This can be then browsed from that saved copy. Anybody know
> > if we have tools or packages in Debian to do so?
> >
> > The objective is to 'mirror' the configuration of a modem so that I can
> > walk the user through the configuration steps whenever need be (I can
> > click through the interface on my copy and the user will be browsing his
> > modem's actual interface).
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Anybody?

I'm probably missing something here, but how about setting a symlink to
the config file(s) in a web-accessible directory.  I often do something
like this, sometimes adding ".txt" to the end of the symlink name so
the server treats it as a text file.

I don't know what to make of the "click through" bit; that sounds like
maybe you want to generate a set of linked web pages from the config file,
which sounds like a job for perl, python, etc.

Ken

--
Ken Irving