Re: emacs and terminus, proggy and ttf-inconsolata fonts

On 2009-02-18 18:45 +0100, H.S. wrote:

> I did a bit of google search and it appears that these cvs packages have
> a bit of baggage with Debian legal ... interesting history.

The maintainer disagrees with the majority of Debian developers about
the GFDL and consequently preferred to put the package in his own
repository, rather than removing the manuals.  See [1], [2].

> And what's up with this extremely slow pace (to me at least) of Emacs
> releases and development?

The development is actually not so slow, although there are could be
more many active developers.  But the Emacs 22 release process
definitely took too long, it seems this will be faster for Emacs 23.
The first pretest has already been released[3], so we have reason to
hope for a release in 2009.

Cheers,
       Sven

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-emacsen/2007/03/msg00012.html