Re: Fedora guy asking for Debian guide

Am Dienstag, den 17.02.2009, 15:53 -0600 schrieb Ron Johnson:
> On 02/17/2009 03:00 PM, Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo wrote:
> > Downloaded netinst AMD64 but no GUI. Now, installing fglrx.
> netinst might not have a GUI installer?  (The Lenny GUI looks
> exactly like the TUI installer, and isn't very difficult.)

Sorry, I expressed myself wrong. Netinst installed ok (graphical
expert), but X didnt start. Then, installed fglrx:

# apt-get update
# apt-get install module-assistant fglrx-driver fglrx-kernel-src
# module-assistant auto-install fglrx-kernel-src
# aticonfig --initial

but the screen flashes white. Turned "fglrx" to "radeonhd" in x.conf,
works, but no 3d driver. Well, Im not that interested in graphics, note:
fglrx worked fine on fedora10 until yesterday on the same computer.

> > Is there any short install guide (like http://www.fedorafaq.org/) you
> > can suggest for a debian newbie?
> Maybe http://www.debian-administration.org/

Very fuzzy. You can read the former and be crystal clear into fedora in
10 minutes. Im sure Debian has something like that.

Thanks, my best regards.
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar@padep.org.bo
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962
"Früher oder später emulieren wir euch."
- linux.de