Re: Downgrade libc6

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. escribió:
On Tuesday 17 February 2009 01:51:12 Adrian Chapela wrote:
Hello,

I want to install the stable version (etch not lenny) of  libc6.

Lenny is stable now.  Etch is oldstable.

I have
installed a testing version of the package ( it is needed by ext4
utils...) and now I want to downgrade.

Downgrades are not really supported but,...

My problem is, if I try to
uninstall this package, I will lost apt utility, then I can't reinstall
anything more.

in this case you should be fine if you'll downgrade apt as well.

How can I force to install again all of this packages ? Maybe,
downloading all of them, uninstalling and installing again ?

No, that should not be necessary. But, if you have trouble getting timely support, you might try that. When downgrading, be sure to purge (vs. remove) unless you really know what you are doing.
I know that downgrade is not supporting but I have a problem with a MySQL server, enterprise version and it is a binary. Now I sent the solution to the list. I know that some services could be affected by the change but the really important service is MySQL database.

Thank you for the tips!