Re: Problems with Lenny Installer

2009/2/17 Khristian <der.kosak@gmail.com>:
> (re-sending the e-mail to the list as well, I always forget to hit the
> 'reply to all' button :/ )

Standard practice on this list is to reply only to the list unless
explicetly requested to cc someone.

> Yes, I've installed linux some times before, and what I'm trying to do
> is wipe the current ubuntu install I have to make a clean lenny
> install (I have /, /home and swap partitions already made).

Ok, default practice in Debian is to leave all existing partitions alone.

What you need to do is select "manually partition the disc" instead of
selecting "automatic partitioning" which is what I think you are
currently selecting, and set the mount points for the partitions,
select format data for all partitions except for your /home (unless
there isn't anything there you wish to save) and any other partitions
you wish to retain the data on.

This will let you reuse your existing partitions.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.