Re: Can't update Testing system

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 09:18:55PM -0500, JoeHill <joehill@teksavvy.com> was heard to say:
> dpkg: error
> processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libsox-fmt-base_14.2.0-1_i386.deb
> (--unpack): trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/sox/libsox_fmt_sndfile.so', which is
> also in package libsox-fmt-sndfile

  That's your bug.  It looks like the old libsox-fmt-sndfile (which
seems to have been removed from the archive) conflicts with
libsox-fmt-base.  I'd suggest just removing it by hand with dpkg
(aptitude was going to remove it anyway), and then filing a bug on
libsox-fmt-sndbase, severity serious or greater: it should conflict
with and replace libsox-fmt-sndfile (IMO).

  Daniel