Re: Lenny upgrade: Failed to load modules "ati" and "typ1" when starting X. No drivers available

--- On Tue, 2/17/09, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:

> For the "ati" module, you need the package:
>  p   xserver-xorg-video-ati          - X.Org X server --
> ATI display driver

Installed the xserver-xorg-video-ati package and it did resolve the issue somewhat. I was able to start X and KDE, KDE is running and and appears to be functional (v 3.5.10) but the picture looks very strange indeed.

The picture now, for some reason, doesn't use the whole available screen space but leave unused areas about 3-5 cm from the left, right, top and bottom monitor edges. It looks something like this:

  +------------1------------------+
  |                               |
  |                               |
  |    +-------2---------+        |

Where 1 is the monitor and 2 is the picture.

I usually run my monitor in 1600x1200 mode and KDE shows it as the current resolution.

Any ideas? Thanks