Re: lenny on x86

Kelly Clowers:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:55, Attilio Cucchieri <attilio@ifsc.usp.br> wrote:
>>
>> Does anybody nows if lenny installation on x86 machines
>> using floppy is (or will be) available?
>
> I don't think there is such a thing, and I doubt there will be.
> The manual makes no mention of floppies:
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch02s04.html.en

More specifically, the Debian installer's errata mentions that d-i
currently doesn't support floppy installs on i386:

http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata

(The page header mentions rc2 but I am quite sure to have read something
to the same effect about the final version.)

J.
--
I have been manipulated and permanently distorted.
[Agree]   [Disagree]