Re: Upgrading to Lenny & 2.6.26: serverworks OSB4 IDE problem

> Probably the reason is that there is no PATA driver for your
> controllers.  AFAIK these are preferred over the old IDE drivers now.

Well this is what I'm thinking based on the apparent lack of any IDE
goodness in the dmesg log.  If that is the case:
 - any way of getting them back via a custom kernel or kernel command
line prodding ?
 - If I boot an install disk in rescue mode, and that doesn't find
them... well it would pretty much confirm the issue is due to lack of
support for IDE/PATA rather than anything to do with labels/UUIDs etc.
Will try this later.
 - I believe the PCI-X SATA card supports booting (the SATA drives can
be selected for boot in the BIOS anyway, but I haven't actually tried
it) so I suppose I always have the option of migrating the machine
entirely to SATA.

Thanks for the tips
Tim