Re: Upgrading to Lenny & 2.6.26: serverworks OSB4 IDE problem

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 08:40:51 +0000, Tim Day (timday@bottlenose.demon.co.uk) wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 08:57 +0530, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
> > Alternatively, you can try the UUID=<filesystem-uuid> for mounting the
> > drive.
>
> Is there any reason to think the UUID version will work any better than
> labels ?  If I have the labels method working fine with 2.6.18, why
> would they not work with 2.6.26 ?
>
> > Another option is to specify the names as sda, sdb, etc.
>
> Currently (2.6.18) I have a hda (the IDE drive) and an sda and sdb for
> the 2 SATA drives.  Is there any way to predict where the hda drive will
> move to under 2.6.26 ?  (ie should it appear as sda and the two existing
> sd* drives will move up to sdb & sdc, or will hda move to sdc ?)

Your IDE drive should still be hda (or at least hdn rather than sdn)
with 2.6.26.  At least, that is what I see here with IDE drives in two
separate lenny boxen, one of which was an upgrade from etch and one a
clean lenny install several months ago.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.