Re: "On battery power, so skipping file system check" when in AC power

Sorry Virgo for not replying to your OP, as I've already deleted it.

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 12:03:56PM +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Virgo Pärna wrote:
> >     Does anyone else also receives "On battery power, so skipping file system check"
> > warning, when starting up a laptop with AC power connected? Especially in Lenny.
> >
> fine on Thinkpad T60p.
> johannes

root@box:~# zless /usr/share/doc/powermgmt-base/changelog.gz
powermgmt-base (1.30+nmu1) unstable; urgency=low

  * NMU
  * on_ac_power: Use /sys/class/power_supply on 2.6.25+ systems where
    /proc/acpi/ac_adaptor is no longer present. Closes: #473629
    (Patch by Vefa Bicakci.)

 -- Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>  Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:27:22 -0400

Ooops, a typo in the changelog.gz!!! It *should* be
"/proc/acpi/ac_adapter", at least on this system it is.

Hopefully, that error hasn't propagated into the code, or the patch is
useless!!!

root@box:~# apt-cache policy powermgmt-base
powermgmt-base:
  Installed: 1.30+nmu1
  Candidate: 1.30+nmu1
  Version table:
 *** 1.30+nmu1 0
        990 http://debian.attica.net.nz lenny/main Packages
	100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

IOW, does "apt-get install powermgmt-base" fix it?

If not bug #473629 may need to be reopened, but alas, maybe to late for
Lenny.

--
Chris.
======