Re: Using automake

Joris Dobbelsteen a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build a application and was trying to use automake with
> it. Now I've stumbled upon an issue, see below, I cannot resolve for a
> few days. I think it is somewhere(tm) in the manual though.
>
> Can anyone point me to the problem and/or solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Joris
>
> =====================
>
> The error I get is:
>
> make -k all
> make  all-recursive
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/joris/livecdrecorder-project/liverecorder'
> Making all in src
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/joris/livecdrecorder-project/liverecorder/src'
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..     -g -O2 -MT streamprocessor.o -MD -MP
> -MF .deps/streamprocessor.Tpo -c -o streamprocessor.o `test -f
> 'libsp/streamprocessor.cpp' || echo './'`libsp/streamprocessor.cpp
> mv -f .deps/streamprocessor.Tpo .deps/streamprocessor.Po
> rm -f libsp.a
> ar cru libsp.a streamprocessor.o
> ranlib libsp.a
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `livecdrecorder.o', needed by
> `livecdrecorder'.
> make[2]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/joris/livecdrecorder-project/liverecorder/src'
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/joris/livecdrecorder-project/liverecorder'
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/joris/livecdrecorder-project/liverecorder'
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/joris/livecdrecorder-project/liverecorder'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> ===================
>
> makefile.am:
>
> SUBDIRS = src
> dist_doc_DATA = README
>

> ====================
>
> src/makefile.am:
>
> #SUBDIRS = libsp livecdrecorder
>
> bin_PROGRAMS = livecdrecorder
> lib_LIBRARIES = libsp.a
>
> livecdrecorder_SOURCE = livecdrecorder/main.c
> livecdrecorder_LDADD = libsp
>
> libsp_a_SOURCES = libsp/streamprocessor.cpp
> include_HEADERS = libsp/streamprocessor.h
>

> =====================
>
> configure.ac
>
> AC_INIT([livecdrecorder], [0.1], [myname@mydomain])
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([-Wall -Werror foreign])
> AC_PROG_CC
> AC_PROG_CXX
> AC_PROG_RANLIB
> #AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
> AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config.h])
> AC_CONFIG_FILES([
>     Makefile
>     src/Makefile
> ])
> AC_OUTPUT

Hi Joris,
I think that you need a Makefile in your directory "livecdrecorder" to
build all sources in this directory.
For me projects, i build a Makefile.am in each sub-drirectories of
project and include SUBDIRS directive in parent directory Makefile.am
So after you build the livecdrecorder.o, you will be able to build your
software.
I think it's the same for your libsp/streamprocessor.o

May be i am wrong, or it isn't the good way to get the binary, but in my
projects this is working.

Best regards,
Laurent

- --
Laurent Guignard, Registered as user #301590 with the Linux Counter
Site : http://www.famille-guignard.org
Blog : http://blog.famille-guignard.org
Projet : http://sicontact.sourceforge.net
GULL de Villefranche sur Saône : http://www.cagull.org