Re: exFat (FAT64) on Linux

Hmm, reading the wiki thanks to the link you've provided I stumbled upon:

"..Linux users can read exFAT using the free linux kernel patch."

http://userweb.kernel.org/~hirofumi/exfat/exfat.tar.gz

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Mark Allums wrote:

Now that exFat FS is being used in Vista SP1 and now XP (with a hotfix) as well as Windows Embedded CE 6.0, when can we expect it in Debian? Are there any implementations (even merely read-only) yet? The license is probably unclear; FAT has patents, but we use FAT32/vfat anyway.

The point is, it has a lot of nice features, it is quite a good choice for USB flash drives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExFAT

MArk Allums