Re: Replacement for Dillo web browser

On Thursday 12 February 2009 19:25:50 Marc Shapiro wrote:
> Is there a light-weight browser that does not have a huge list of
> dependencies?
>
> I had been using dillo for things like reading html documentation and
> other light-weight tasks, but then I upgraded to Lenny.  Dillo is not
> available in Lenny.  It is still in Etch and in Sid, but not Lenny.  I
> do NOT use KDE, or GNOME and so am not interested in browsers like
> Konqueror, which would require many KDE packages to be installed.  I
> spent a lot of time eliminating all traces of KDE from my machine, since
> artsd kept messing with my audio, so I have no desire to bring it all
> back in.
>
> --
> Marc Shapiro
> mshapiro_42@yahoo.com

Kazehakase:
http://packages.debian.org/testing/web/kazehakase

It is capable of using either Webkit or Gecko as the rendering engine, but
only the Gecko version has been built for Lenny.

Obviously, it's heavier (and far more functional) than Dillo. For the tasks
you mention, it might be better to use something like links2. Or build Dillo.

Lee