Re: getting debian to talk to windows

Goran Dobosevic wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm also new to Linux but I'm did it with Samba.
> Now mu Debian Lenny read and wright to Win. XPP.
> I'm installed Samba with Synaptic package manager. After installation
> just follow step by step configuration (its really easy). Also you need
> NTFS-3G (Synaptic package manager) for writing on ntfs partition or
> nothing if your XP is on FAT.

Only if the partition is directly accessed by Linux in a disk physically
installed in the machine. If it's accessed via the network using Samba,
you do not need ntfs or fat support.

--
If you give Congress a chance to vote on both sides of an issue, it
will always do it.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb