Re: Please brainstorm: Word-processor compatible with version control

Jochen Schulz wrote:

> Hendrik Boom:
>>
>> I'd like a word processor compatible with version control systems
>> (hereafter abbreviated VCS)  Having been duly impressed for decades now
>> how useful VCSs are for programming, I'd like to use them for writing as
>> well.
>
> I wonder why you didn't even mention LaTeX in your post. Don't you know
> it or don't you consider it because you need MS Word documents?

Thats what I was going to suggest, but for pity only technicians and univ
people use to use LaTeX. I've been using LyX, and it also has integrated rc
system. I never used it, but as far as I know open office and word have the
so called change tracking or something alike.

main disadvantage of LaTeX is though the lack of buziness (Microsoft)
integration and WYSWYG capability, the advantage is that it is the  one and
only true text processor that I've ever used. I would say if MS would have
used LaTeX their product would be really fantastic and every pc user would
know about it ... but anyway ... I can understand them as they sold first
windows versions for dos ... and porting latex to dos would be ... well too
much.

cheers