Re: grub error in fresh installation lenny

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 06:24:09AM -0800, Angus Auld wrote:
> I'm uncertain from your post if you are trying to use grub legacy or
> grub2, but there is/was a clear warning that grub2 is a work in
> progress, and that breakage should be expected. I have stayed with
> grub legacy and have not had any problems at all. I'm not sure what
> possible advantage grub2 might offer over grub legacy anyway. I've
> just stayed with what works for me. :)
>
> Hopefully someone else can offer you more advice on how to get
> grub2(?) to work.

One annoying difference between grub 1 and 2 are difference in hard disk
naming.

Linux     grub1     grub2
/dev/hda  (hd1)     (hd1)
/dev/hda1 (hd1,0)   (hd1,1)
/dev/hda2 (hd1,1)   (hd1,2)
/dev/hda3 (hd1,2)   (hd1,3)

If you have boot problem, you amy wish to edit boot option to adjst
device names.