Re: Evolution: Error loading addressbook

Eric, please don't top post

Eric Brooks wrote:

> Thanks. I did the following:
>
> sudo chown -R eric:eric /home/eric/.evolution/
> sudo chmod -R 770 /home/eric/.evolution/
>
> but that did not resolve the issue.
>
> Since I can read my email, I was wondering if there are specific
> permissions at the database level and enforced via data in
> addressbook.db?
>
> Thanks.

I had troubles with evolution recently so I studied briefly the anatomy of
the application.

It stores some data in gconf, so you may check there

did you check filesize and so on of this files

ls
$HOME/.evolution/addressbook/local/system/{addressbook.db,addressbook.db.summary} ?

where did you store your contacts ?

and what kind of account were you using ... i.e. with exchange contacts are
stored in global address book on the server, so backup of the local mailbox
data is not very helpful

I don't know if gnome has a separate address book like kde does but in this
case it is possible to be on another place and not in the addressbook.db
file

regards