Re: Which programming Language

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 11:29:40PM -0500, Napoleon wrote:
> For learning a first language, I would highly recommend PASCAL.  It puts
> you in a straight jacket - but it also forces you to learn good
> programming techniques.  For OO programming, SmallTalk or Java.

If you like Pascal as a learning language (which would make sense, as
that's what the language was designed for), then what about Object
Pascal for OO?  Apparently, Object Pascal has spread beyond Delphi and
there are now free compilers for it available, so you wouldn't be
consigning yourself to vendor lock-in.

--
Dave Sherohman
NomadNet, Inc.