Re: No way to disable Google "safebrowsing" in IceWeasel?

-- End of message -----------------------------------------------------

--- On Sat, 2/7/09, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:

> That's strange, I've just changed mine
> successfully.

You probably have Iceweasel version earlier than "Iceweasel/2.0.0.19 (Debian-2.0.0.19-0etch1)". I remember I used to be able to do that too. Not anymore.

> You could try editing prefs.js in the iceweasel profile
> directory.

Yes, that should work. I've looked into prefs.js and I actually do have "safebrowsing" disabled:

  user_pref("browser.safebrowsing.enabled", false);
  user_pref("browser.safebrowsing.remoteLookups", false);

So the GUI doesn't allow me to *enable* it. That's weird but whatever, I want it disabled.

Thanks for your help.