Re: No way to disable Google "safebrowsing" in IceWeasel?

S D wrote:
> --- On Sat, 2/7/09, Jeff D <fixedored@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> type in about:config in the address bar ,in filter put in
>> browser.safebrowsing.enabled , then click on the line that
>> shows up,
>> should turn it to false
>>
> That won't work. The "browser.safebrowsing.enabled" property is LOCKED and can't be changed from about:config.

That's strange, I've just changed mine successfully.

You could try editing prefs.js in the iceweasel profile directory. Be
sure to do it while the browser is not running, or the setting will be
overwritten when the program closes.

--
The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work.
		-- Richard Bach, "Illusions"

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb