Re: Question about procmail and exim4

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 07:46:31PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> It puzzled me. My system was, and is, working. I know I am actually
> using procmail, because I see the results of making changes in my
> .procmailrc but ... the procmail man page said I have to use .forward
> to do this --- not quite true, just one way of doing it.

The procmail FAQ, http://partmaps.org/era/procmail/mini-faq.html, includes
this hint:

  Q: ...
  A: First off, for the record, you don't need a .forward if Procmail
  is your local MDA. Ask your admin.

  If Procmail is not your local MDA, you need something more or less like
  what the manual suggests. Look at the NOTES section of the procmail(1)
  manual page -- this ...

There might be some information in there to answer your question.

Ken

--
Ken Irving