Re: audacious-crossfade

Hello all,

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 01:58:38AM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> I am missing the audacious-crossfade plugin, after switching over from
> xmms. From the inet search I have an impression that audacious-crossfade
> has been a normal Debian package.

True. It existed since uploading 0.3.11-3 of the source package
xmms-crossfade and entered Lenny on 07 Sep 2007[0].

> But it no longer exist from the official site. Does it ever exist? What
> happened to it? Why Debian doesn't have this package, since other distros
> like RedHat, Ubuntu, etc all have it.

According to the last package maintainer audacious-crossfade is
"impossible to use reliably with audacious 1.5", so he requested it's
removal[1] which actually happened on 12/13 May 2008. Thus, after all,
audacious-crossfade was never part of a stable Debian release.

I don't know what other distributions did to include this plugin. If
they found a way and somebody transfers their solution to Debian the
package might actually get resurrected. (NB: No, most probably I won't
be available to sponsor this, even though I have once maintained that
package myself.)

Cheers,
Flo

[0] <http://packages.qa.debian.org/xmms-crossfade>