Re: OT: Bush quotes

On 02/05/2009 10:30 AM, charlie derr wrote:
Hal Vaughan wrote:
On Thursday 05 February 2009, Ignacio Mondino wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 02/05/2009 08:44 AM, consultores1 wrote:
[snip]

Are you refering to Unitedstatesdians? because i am from El
Salvador and without any dude i am American.
The oldest nation[0] in the region gets to pick it's name and
abbreviation.  That would be "us".
Sorry, "we" prefer not to be represented by "you", thank you very
much.

 Thus is the natural order of man.
That is Gengis Kahn style of management.

I've got the same response to both comments:
You have to understand Ron.  He's just being imperialistic.

As always.

Hal

I completely agree. As someone who lives here (and is a citizen), I hold a very different opinion (than Ron) about who gets to name what. If other (non-USian) residents of the greater "Americas" take offense at

Offended?  No, I'm not *offended*.  Why should I be?

us referring to ourselves as Americans, I'm happy to attempt to get this right (and even support the effort to attempt to educate my fellow USians).

Everyone know who "Americans" are. And they aren't Peruvians, El Salvadorans, Canadians, Mexicans, etc, etc. etc.

IOW, when someone utters the phrase "Ugly American", we *all* know that he/she is *not* referring to someone from El Salvadore!

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification