Re: OT: Bush quotes

Tom writes:
> In France we sometime refer to the United States of America citizens as
> "Nord Américains" (Northern Americans ?), but then we have all the
> Canadian and Inuit pissed...

The Mexicans might not be pleased either.  "North American" would be
appropriate for a resident of any of the three NAFTA nations.

> At least with "froggies" thing are clear, no one else want it...

In North America a "Frog" is a citizen of the Canadian province of Quebec.
Don't use it to his face, though, unless you are a lot bigger than he is.

> Not a simple issue for sure.

You could call us Columbians (note the "u").
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_(name)>
--
John Hasler