Re: Transferring pictures from a digital camera (it was Re: Best software under Gnome)

Title: Re: Transferring pictures from a digital camera (it was Re: Best software under Gnome)

Daniel Cliff wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 1:27 AM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> ...I've always been reluctant to mv the
> pictures from the camera to a local folder, because I thought that
> might mess things up with the camera. I know I may sound naive, but
> perhaps there are caveats to take into account.
>
> Does the camera disregard directories?
> Can you rename files in the camera's memory?
> Can you rename folders in the camera's memory?
> Any caveats?

See the DCF specification or other documentation.  It'll tell you what
parts of directory and file names are significant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_rule_for_Camera_File_system

Daniel

--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.) [F]