Re: Release Cycle

Title: Re: Release Cycle

Ken Teague wrote:
> Barclay, Daniel wrote:
>> Ken Teague wrote:
>
>> If Debian set a shorter target release interval, each individual package
>> maintainer would implement (and test and debug) a smaller set of features
>> and changes (for that package) for each (more frequent) release.  I don't
>> think there's any need for listing all the changes.  What were you thinking
>> about?  (Why would listing be or have been needed?)
>
> It seems that I may be having troubles understanding what you're
> thinking about.  Are you asking when does the Debian release team decide
> when to put a freeze on testing?... and when to set a release date for
> what's been in freeze?

No, I wasn't requesting the latter (releasing with less quality).  I was
talking about the former--could freezes in testing be started sooner after
the previous release?  (That is, are the sets of changes made usually
divisible into smaller chunks, or are there almost always a few big
change groups that require keeping testing unfrozen as long as is done
currently?

Daniel
--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.) [F]