Re: Scim does not work with openoffice

On Sunday 25 January 2009 20:30:24 Rodolfo Medina wrote:
[snip]
> Unfortunately, I installed kword and scim doesn't work either with it: when
> I do C-space, the scim toolbar does not appear.
>
> Please let me know if you catch some more information about how you
> granddaughter does.

Rodolfo,

I said that I would talk to my granddaughter over the weekend and look at her
laptop.  I did so, and can now input Japanese to my own satisfaction on my
Debian Lenny system.

Allowing fully for Osamu's reservations, and for my having got to where I have
without any expert knowledge, and therefore possibly via unnecessary byeways,
with the omission of much that the expert would put in; would you like me to
tell you what I did, and what works and what doesn't work now on my desktop?

Lisi