Re: calender, contacts, appts., to do list, etc. server for Debian

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:35:50AM -0500, H.S. wrote:

> I am playing around with the idea of installing a calender server on a
> Debian machine at my home.
>
> The idea is that the family can maintain their calenders, appointments,
> schedules and to-do lists on the server and be able to access it from
> anywhere over the internet.

I have recently started using Chandler (http://chandlerproject.org/)
and I find it useful.  You can install a server on your network or you
can use their server (chandler hub).

I have client software on my Macbook, as well as on a PC at home and
my laptop at work.  I use Ical on the Macbook to subscribe to the data
on the Chandler server and from their I can sync it to my mobile
phone.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the
      world. If any man love the world, the love of the
      Father is not in him...And the world passeth away, and
      the lust thereof; but he that doeth the will of God
      abideth for ever."             I John 2:15,17