Re: X11 keyboard behaving strangely since update

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 10:39:25 +0100, Stefan Bellon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm happily running Debian GNU/Linux unstable on my IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad
> T60 (and on all my other machines as well).
>
> Yesterday I did an update with the notebook in question (the last
> update was early in January).
>
> Since the update the keyboard in X11 has gone weird. Every second key
> press under X11 is recognized as if the Ctrl key was pressed, i.e.
> every second 'm' is a newline, every second 'd' is a Ctrl-D, every
> second 'c' a Ctrl-C, ... you get the idea.

Did you check this with "xev"? Which KeyPress/Release events are
reported and in what order?

> Keyboard on the console and when logged in via ssh from a machine with
> another X server is behaving correctly.
>
> The only suspicious package in the update list I see, could be the
> update of xkb-data from 1.4-1 to 1.5-1. But of course I can provide you
> with the complete update list.

xkb-data version 1.5-1 works fine for me (Sid/amd64).

> I have configured the xorg.conf in the "kbd" section to use layout
> "pc105", language "de" and option "nodeadkeys", but I already tried
> changing those options and restarting the X11 server which however
> didn't make any difference.

I would like to see the output of the following three commands:

awk '/InputDevice/,/EndSection/' /etc/X11/xorg.conf
setxkbmap -print
xmodmap

          Florian   |