Re: How to remove automatically installed packages when nothing depends on them?

* Countable Infinity <countableinfinity@gmail.com> 23.01.2009
> When I installed xfce4-terminal, it automatically installed
> libxfce4mcs-manager3, libxfce4util4, etc. But now if I do:
>
> aptitude purge xfce4-terminal
>
> it does not remove these libs that were installed automatically.
>
> Is there a way to remove these automatically installed packages  when
> nothing depends on them any more?

Hello Countable Infinity (cool name ;-)

Try

aptitude --purge-unused purge xfce4-terminal

It's documented in the man page of aptitude.

Hth Michael

--
Stoners live and stoners die, But in the end we all get high;
So if in life you don't succeed, Fuck it all and smoke some weed.